This week, in our half marathon training, We return to increase mileage. He plays to put aside the intensity of workouts and we turn to give a final push to the volume of training, already approaching much 21 k.
We remind you that training you can follow them here on the blog or through our social networks: in and Twitter. And for those who have just come to this challenge of the 21 k, You can read the post from presentation to find out all you need.
Training plan Marathon: Week 7
Although we don’t specify it on the table, we recommend to do a warm up before each session. As well, it will come very well do stretches at the end of each workout. Mostly in sessions intense, warming and the return to calm they are fundamental to yield better and avoid injuries.
- Monday: rest.
- Tuesday: long series. Four series of three kilometers at rapid pace. Between series and serial rest two or three minutes, depending on how tired we are. My recommendation is you do just two minutes of rest and in the last three, in the first series to make it stop.
- Wednesday: day of short shooting to loosen legs of the series from the previous day. We’ll do eight kilometers at normal pace and ended up with two kiloemtro at rapid pace.
- Thursday: strength training, we make the following routine for runners.
- Friday: fartlek training. We will do half a kilometer at rapid pace and a kilometer at normal pace. Repeat this sequence five times.
- Saturday: day of rest.
- Sunday: shooting long, reaching seventeen kilometers followed at normal pace. If we are able to make these seventeen kilometers and finished well, already almost we ensure that we can finish the 21 k the day of the test. This long shoot is a good test to three weeks to find out if we will be able to take the distance.
General training guidelines
In all the trainings we will use different rhythms of career. Let’s try to define how will be those rhythms:
|R1: Running smooth||It assumes a basic rhythm to trot. It is the milder pace that we can go running. We will use it the days of soft shooting or discharge.|
|R2: Run normal||an intermediate race pace, which is commonly called “cruising speed”. This rhythm enables us to stay comfortable during many kilometers without noticing fatigue appears. We will use him in long shoots.|
|R3: Run fast||pace that we can take in about 5 k or 10 k. In this rhythm already if we notice that we are fatigued and extra is an effort. We will use it in short shoots, medium or long series or days of fartlek.|
|R4: Run very fast||We say that it’s a rhythm “beyond our means”. This rate could not keep for long. We will use it in short series or fartlek training.|