The most beautiful beaches in Mallorca
One of the main reasons why so many holidaymakers choose the Balearic island as a travel destination are the beautiful bays and beaches on Mallorca . There are well over 100 seaside resorts on the island. Most of the beaches are fine sandy beaches with crystal clear water. There are also some pebble and rocky beaches. You have a large selection, especially in the tourist strongholds. But also or especially away from the party metropolises there are wonderful places to relax in the sand and water. Mallorca’s south, north, northeast and east boast the most beautiful beaches on the island. Go on a journey with me, I’ll introduce you to Mallorca’s beaches in detail.
Es Trenc in the south
If you are on holiday in the south of Mallorca, you should not miss the Es Trenc beach section . The finest sand awaits you over a length of six kilometers, inviting you to relax. Alternatively, you can rent a lounger and treat yourself to a refreshment in the sea in between. Are you fans of nudism? Es Trenc also has a nudist area ready where you can tan seamlessly.
Cala Pi de la Posada in the north
Danger! This refers to the beach near Cap Formentor, not the bay in the southwest of the island. No matter where you are on holiday in Mallorca, you should definitely take the route to Cala Pi de la Posada Bay (also known as Platja de Formentor ). It is one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. White sand and real Caribbean flair are guaranteed here.
Cala Sa Nau in the southeast
If you want to relax on the beach like the locals, you have to go to the small bay of Cala Sa Nau . The way is a bit more complex, as the beach is between forests, cliffs and caves, but it is definitely worth it. If you’ve had enough of sunbathing and swimming, you can explore the area on hikes. Legendary beach parties are also held here on the weekends.
Haven’t the three beaches convinced you to go on a Mallorca vacation? Then be sure to read on in my detailed article about the most beautiful beaches in Mallorca . It will convince even the last skeptic of the island, I promise!
Top 3 sights in Mallorca
To find the most beautiful sights of Mallorca, you can move across the island. Take a rental car and drive from place to place – it’s worth stopping almost everywhere. I am now introducing you to the top 3 tourist attractions in Mallorca.
Old town of Palma
The capital Palma impresses with numerous architectural masterpieces. First and foremost is the old town with its impressive history that goes back more than 2,000 years. Check out the famous Palma Cathedral , popularly often called La Seu , the Almudaina Palace, which is known as the seat of the Spanish royal family , and the many other impressive buildings. Anyone who loves museums is in the right place in Palma. The museum landscape is great. Stroll through Palma and you will always be delighted!
Another attraction is the Cap de Formentor . The breathtaking cliffs are a must when you are in Mallorca. Even the way to this unique vantage point is a highlight. You drive along tight serpentines until you finally arrive at Cap Formentor with the lighthouse. Here, at the northernmost point of Mallorca, you can expect a view that you cannot enjoy anywhere else on the island. Take a bike, rent a car or take the shuttle bus to the peninsula – you won’t regret it!
Serra de Tramuntana
The Serra de Tramuntana is particularly interesting for the hikers among you. The mountains are located in the north of the Balearic Island and attract numerous hikers every year. There are hiking routes for every level of difficulty. Professionals make it to the highest peak, the Puig Major . But even the less experienced among you will find fantastic paths here that lead through the mountains. By the way: The Sierra de Tramuntana is a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
Popular regions and places in Mallorca
For the ignorant, Mallorca has little more to offer than the famous Ballermann. However, this is wrong! The regions and places on Mallorca are extremely varied and anything but exclusively party-oriented. Starting with the western towns of Mallorca, a mixture of everything awaits you. Here you will find the capital Palma with great sights, hotspots with beach clubs and wonderful landscapes. You get pure relaxation on the beautiful beaches and can be active on hikes. The south is and will remain the absolute magnet for party-goers. Fine sandy beaches and the island of Cabrera are also waiting for you! I will now introduce you to some of the most popular regions and places on Mallorca in a little more detail.
- Capital of Mallorca, lies on the west coast
- the international airport is 10 km from the city center
- numerous sights such as the cathedral, a fortress, the harbor and much more
- Santa Catalina district
- countless cafes and restaurants
- lots of opportunities for shopping
- 6 km long beach with different sections, including the Ballermann
- Party stronghold on the southern coast of the island
- Ballermann 6 and Schinkenstrasse are located here
- quite a few clubs and bars
- Arenal Harbor
- There are many beautiful beaches around the place
- Aqualand El Arenal ensures lots of water fun
- by bus in the capital Palma in no time
- ideal for young and party-hungry tourists
- in the northeast of Mallorca
- numerous bars and clubs
- beautiful harbor with numerous restaurants
- ideal for sailing and catamaran tours
- three picturesque beaches: Cala Agulla, Cala Son Moll, Cala Gat
- perfect for party vacationers
- located in the north of the island
- beautiful port of Port d’Alcúdia
- romantic old town
- various beaches and quiet bays
- ideal for a trip to Cap Formentor and the Serra de Tramuntana
- perfect for a relaxed family vacation
- located on the east coast of Mallorca
- large hotel complexes and many accommodations
- kilometer-long, gently sloping sandy beach with a beautiful promenade
- ideal for exploring the touristic city by bike
- large weekly market every Monday
- Excursion destinations in the area: Palma, Cala Ratjada and the dragon caves
- the Golden Bay, located on the southeast coast
- Population: 4,000
- many different seaside resorts with quiet bays
- Designed for tourism, but not a bustling stronghold
- Marina, fortress Es Forti and many excursion possibilities in the area