Vitamins and minerals are micronutrient since they need at low proportions in our body, but no, they are less important.
Because of their limited needs, always consider that its recommendations are under control, however, frequently the athletes they fail to restore the losses or do not cover your needs.
It is necessary to take a balanced and varied diet that includes naturally following minerals which are strongly influential in the muscular development, as well as in the muscle contraction and the energy production.
- Sodium: It is involved in muscle contraction and maintains the irritability of the cells, which allows movement. It is also a very important mineral to be considered for the correct hydration of the organism. So we naturally found in fruits and vegetables or incorporate it with sports drinks, mineral water, shellfish, or canned food.
- Potassium: It is a component of all cells and increases with the increase of cell mass, for example, in the muscle. Participates in the synthesis of proteins, Since it is linked to many of these, and is necessary for muscle contraction. Are good sources of potassium, meats, fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Calcium: It is strongly linked to the neuromuscular excitability, i.e., takes part in the transmission of the nervous impulse and greatly influences muscle contraction. Their main food sources are dairy products, although it is also in cereals, fruits and vegetables.
- Phosphorus: Participated in the production of energy and is a component of the energy unit more representative in the muscle as it is the ATP. We can be found in foods such as meat, milk, cheese, whole grains, legumes, nuts and eggs.
- Iron: Does not constitute a mineral itself since it is required in lower concentrations than the traditional micro-nutrients, but it plays a very important role in the body to allow the correct oxygenation Agency-wide, made fundamental in the life of the athletes. We can be found in meats, legumes, green leafy plant and integral cereals.
Named above, next to the iron ores are inevitable nutrients in the diet a person who performs physical activity, and much more, in the power of an athlete.
The deficit of any of them would cause an imbalance in the body with negative effects on the correct contraction and muscular development, as well as, on the recovery post effort.
A varied diet will include sufficient amounts of these minerals and physical performance is correct, without experiencing fatigue, tiredness or exhaustion.