What material do we carry in our backpack when we prepare for an exit to the mountain? It is a recurring question whenever we are preparing for any Summit mountain or to a simple hiking trail. Do something important we forget? or we are too cautious to take over so much material?
It is a question difficult to answer, and that the experience will make us that over time our backpack is optimized to any output. From here we aim to give some tips and make a list of material that will help you not to forget anything important depending on the type of activity that you are going to perform and the duration of the same.
The first thing that will change completely the content of our backpack is the number of days that we used in our output, not an output of a few hours to two or three days will be the same without going through House. The theme of the big expeditions leave for another article. Also depends on if spent the night in tents campaign or shelters, and if we have to cook or eat the food of a saved mountain refuge. And, finally, it will vary according to the type of activity we undertake, whether it’s hiking, mountaineering or alpinism, with or without probability of snow.
As there are many combinations that can occur to us, what we do is present different sections with classified material on the basis of different criteria, so we will choose those that interest us most for our activity. You will see lot of material which is not always mandatory wear. The idea is that you have a list of everything you can need and that repaséis before each departure. It will be your common sense and your experience that help you to minimize the contents of your backpack without leaving anything of real importance.
When choosing our material, we must bear in mind that we are those who are going to carry the Backpack on our backs, so that every gram of weight we carry is important.
How to choose suitable backpack to our activity
Before starting to list material to fill our backpack, we will give a few tips about its features and how to distribute the material in it.
It is very important to choose a backpack with a required minimum of quality. A good design of the shoulder straps, belt and the trellis will make that its adaptation to our back and waist is better, and that, therefore, our bodies suffer much less to load with all the weight. So, best thing is to hang the backpack with enough weight, adjust the straps and try to make us feel comfortable with them. Goes without saying that, to greater capacity and volume of the backpack, most important are factors that we just comment. For very small backpacks, however, these characteristics are more expendable, because they are designed to carry little weight and, therefore, are not well designed for a good transfer of the weight of the backpack to our hips. Although it is out of the content of this article, a correct adjustment of the backpack is more than necessary to remove their maximum performance: an excellent backpack improperly adjusted will be much more damaging than a bad backpack adjusted properly.
According to the quantity of material to be transported, we will have to choose a leather backpack for men with more or less capacity. This capacity is expressed in liters, and we could use the following classification:
- 18 to 30 litres: for one day with little material necessary activities.
- 30 to 40 litres: for activities on a single day with use of enough material such as mountaineering or climbing.
- More than 40 litres: for several days activities and with loads of material.
The small details make our backpack raise price and is much more versatile and more comfortable during use. For example, a zipper that opens the full and front, side pockets, two ice axe loops, porta-casco, cubremochilas, etc.
How to distribute content in the backpack
We will need care to place the material in the following manner:
- At the bottom of the lighter material and less are going to use during the March (for example sleeping bag, change clothes…), although normally the backpacks have a separate bottom compartment is accessed.
- In the Center, and above all glued to the back, place the heaviest thing.
- At the top (the mushroom) little heavy and used objects (e.g. GPS, sunglasses, first-aid kit, documentation…).
- In the pockets of the smaller objects, taking care to avoid possible theft by being more accessible.
Most importantly is the load be well distributed in the backpack, i.e., that left and right backpack despite the same, to avoid problems when walking and that muscles are overloaded us if and others are not.
It will also be interesting to store things in transparent plastic bags to keep them more organized, isolated and visible without having to open them.
You can see it in pictures in this article.
What material do I need
Textile material common to any activity
- T-shirts, polar and jacket.
- Meshes, trekking trousers and waterproof trousers.
- Gloves, mittens and mitts.
- Scarf, hat or Cap.
- Scarf collar or pant.
- Down jacket.
- Shoes or boots (see article How to choose your mountain shoes).
- Sloughing of clothes to change into at the end of the activity.
Technical material common to any activity
- Lip balm.
- Crossing sticks.
- Water with thermal cover container 1.5 litre.
- Camelbag (if there is no low temperatures as that freezes the water in the tube).
- 1 liter thermos.
- Pocket knife.
- Food and drink.
- GPS and batteries.
- Mobile battery is charged.
- Toilet paper or tissues.
- First aid kit (see article How to prepare a kit for mountain) – Very important.
- Personal documentation and card Federal (if you have).
- Camera and batteries.
- Plastic bag (for dirty clothes, wet objects or trash).
Material for the night
- Insulating or high.
- Sleeping (see article features a sleeping bag bag).
- Bivy cover.
- Survival blanket.
- Toiletries: SOAP, toothbrush and toothpaste…
- Lightweight and fast drying towel.
- Flip-flops or comfortable shoes.
Material for victualling
- Gas cylinder.
- Lighter wind, waterproof matches or Flint.
- Deep cazuelo.
- Thermo 1 litre.
- Bag of minerals or you (to mineralize snow water).
- Water purification tablets.
Material for mountaineering with snow
- Crampons or snowshoes
- Ice axes.
- Blizzard goggles.
- ARVA (avalanche detection instrument).
Mountaineering equipment (tie)
- Carabiners with insurance.
Material for sport climbing
- Cat feet.
- Baga from Anchorage.
- Tapes express.
- Bag of magnesium.
33L Outdoor Sport Backpack Unisex Waterproof Camping …
Ultra-Compact 10 Litres Extra Backpack
Camping gear: 10 coolest items to bring on your next trip
Survival Items You Need To Have In Your Backpack • Prepare …
How to prepare for Camping with your Dog
mochila de montaña « Transpirenaica Social y Solidaria// TSS
Large Dogs Water Snacks Toy Bag Camping Walking Outdoor …
L’essentiel de la survie dans l’Outback
The Top 10 Survival Supplies That Can Save Your Life
10 Essential Things to Prep and Pack For a Backpacking …
Inspirations: Comfortable Beach Chairs Target For Your …
9 Incredible Underground Bunkers That Will Blow Your Mind …
Free Soldier Outdoor Mountaineering Backpack Rucksack …
200x76mm Bule Waterproof Adhesive Repair Patch Tapes …
Outdoor Folding Camping Chair Backpack Portable …
Arpenaz 10 L Day Hiking Backpack blue
17 Best images about Geared Up! on Pinterest
Top 10 Best Survival Backpacks