Intense week that awaits us in our half marathon training. In the sixth week, we stop increase kilometers and we focus on intense workouts, such as middle distance series and series in slope will… touch suffer.
We remind you that training you can follow them here on the blog or through our social networks: in and Twitter. And for those who have just come to this challenge of the 21 k, You can read the post from presentation to find out all you need.
Training plan Marathon: week 6
Although we don’t specify it on the table, we recommend to do a warm up before each session. As well, it will come very well do stretches at the end of each workout. Mostly in sessions intense, warming and the return to calm they are fundamental to yield better and avoid injuries.
- Monday: rest.
- Tuesday: medium series, one of my favorite coaches. We will make seven sets of two kilometers at rapid pace, leaving two minutes of rest between series and series. We can try the last series at very fast pace if we have forces.
- Wednesday: training of shooting short release legs… We will make seven kilometers at normal pace and ended up with a kiloemtro at rapid pace.
- Thursday: strength training, we make the following routine for runners.
- Friday: intense training series in slope. Look for an area with a slope of 3-5%. We will make seven series of 200-300 meters at a pace between fast and very fast. We will leave two minutes of rest between series and series, but if we see that we got tired very much, we can reach the three minutes of rest, the important thing is that we can complete the seven series at a strong pace.
- Saturday: day of rest.
- Sunday: shooting long, reaching the fifteen kilometer followed at normal pace. This volume of miles, we have go testing equipment for the day of the test and make sure that shoes and clothing is comfortable and does not make us chafing.
General training guidelines
In all the trainings we will use different rhythms of career. Let’s try to define how will be those rhythms:
|R1: Running smooth||It assumes a basic rhythm to trot. It is the milder pace that we can go running. We will use it the days of soft shooting or discharge.|
|R2: Run normal||an intermediate race pace, which is commonly called “cruising speed”. This rhythm enables us to stay comfortable during many kilometers without noticing fatigue appears. We will use him in long shoots.|
|R3: Run fast||pace that we can take in about 5 k or 10 k. In this rhythm already if we notice that we are fatigued and extra is an effort. We will use it in short shoots, medium or long series or days of fartlek.|
|R4: Run very fast||We say that it’s a rhythm “beyond our means”. This rate could not keep for long. We will use it in short series or fartlek training.|