If you thought this new year start training at home, and within your plans is the practice mind-body disciplines such as Pilates or Yoga, you’re in luck: we tell you everything you need to get you hands on, where to find the best information on the internet and how to follow classes and sessions online that will allow you to get started in these disciplines from your own living room.
As always, the best option is to start in the hands of a good professional to teach us the correct technique of exercises and you can adapt them to our personal needs. If this is not possible and you want to start training on your own, This is all what you need to know.
The suitable material for practicing Yoga and Pilates
One of the main advantages of disciplines such as Yoga and Pilates is that you just need space or material to practice them. Basically the only thing you need is a wide mat (where fit perfectly lying) that we feel comfortable: some prefer those who are very thin, just like a rug (like this one from Decathlon, 7.99 euros on their website), and others which are thicker (can find them eight millimeters or more: are more comfortable, but less stable a hour to positions of balance).
The most important thing is that Let’s clean the mat for Yoga and Pilates, cleaning it after every use without chemicals (can clean it by spraying juice of lemon diluted in water) and letting it air dry.
The basic thing is that you do with a good mattress. As accessories for beginners, you can buy straps or blocks
If you’re a beginner and you have some limitations in mobility and flexibility is a good idea to buy a Yoga block (in MiniIntheBox.com have to 3.91 euros): it’s usually made in EVA foam blocks that will help us in different positions by placing them, for example, under the hyperextension back or sitting on them. The “economic” Yoga blocks version can be a few stacked towels.
Another accessory that can be of help in our beginnings in Yoga (less used in Pilates) are the straps (in Decathlon for 5.99 euros): these help us grab our feet or legs when we do not yet have sufficient flexibility to do it by ourselves. It can also serve you a belt of cotton or a long towel rolled up for a homemade version of the same.
Where to find online Pilates and Yoga classes
Do you already have everything you need? It’s time to start training! To do this we can dip into several very visual tools, in the video, that will guide us through the practice of these two disciplines.
Yoga and Pilates on Youtube
On Youtube there are many channels that we offer complete Yoga and Pilates classes for different purposes such as improving our flexibility, work our central area, etc. The problem, if we do not speak English or are not familiar with the vocabulary, is that most of them are available in this language. Even so, here you have some channels that are worth visiting, in Spanish and English:
- Yogahora: a channel completely in Spanish where you can find complete kinds of dynamic Yoga and analysis of different positions, for the correct technique.
- Elena Malova channel: within its multiple videos, Elena has a play list with 40 videos dedicated to Yoga for beginners that can be very helpful if you are starting. Also in Spanish.
- Pilatesology: possibly one of the best Youtube channels about pilates, that Yes, in English. One of the most interesting content is the playlist-library of exercises, which teach us all the more classical Pilates exercises technique.
- Blogilates: in this channel you can find a lot of trainings (not limited only to the Pilates) and many short sessions a very untraditional, but very entertaining, Pilates to work throughout our body. In the playlist for beginners you can find sessions between ten and 25 minutes (in English).
Subscription of Yoga and Pilates
The other possibility we have to start practicing Yoga and Pilates at home are subscription systems. The best known (and which I use, so it is about which I can give you opinion) is Aomm.tv.
Through these subscription systems we can have access to Pilates classes and Yoga at different levels and with different purposes (to improve flexibility, Yoga for athletes, Pilates for runners…) 24 hours a day from your mobile phone, tablet or television with internet connection.
The teachers are great professionals in these disciplines, the classes are very entertaining and with all the particulars necessary for them without problem and, most importantly, are all in Spanish.
These subscription systems do not tend to be very expensive for all classes offered, which are also increasing with the passage of time: usually between three and ten euros per month, Depending on the time that we endorse (longer, more cheaply leaves) and usually have offers on their websites.
Where can I read about Pilates and Yoga on the internet?
It is important that, especially when you are starting, We get us well information about the activity that we are going to perform. For example, it is a good idea that before you begin to make Yoga know the different types of Yoga that exist so you can choose which suits us, or know the basic principles of Pilates, to know what we are going to work.
Some of the sites where we can find quality information on Pilates and Yoga are:
- Yogateca.com: my website’s header on Yoga. In Yogateca can find from exhaustive descriptions of Yoga asanas leading to articles on Yoga and health, also through a selection of videos with practices of all kinds (Hatha, Vinyasa Yoga for pregnant women…).
- YogaJournal.com: It is in English, but it is a highly recommended website. In addition to a library with explanations of all the asanas divided into levels, this blog contains a lot information visual to help us carry out the various asanas or to vary which we already know by adding modifications.
- WhyNotPilates.net: the blog of Manuel Alcázar, one of the great professionals of Pilates in our country and who was fortunate enough to share some training. An interesting blog for trainers and fans to this activity, with a new entry every Friday.
- Polestar Pilates Spain blog: PoleStar is a large schools of the Pilates, that commitment to efficient and intelligent movement. Your blog is intended both to professionals of the Pilates method to students who want to learn more about what they do. Notably, interventions by Brent Anderson, an authority at the global level in Pilates and rehabilitation.
- HowStuffWorks: of course, at HowStuffWorks you can find lots of information about Pilates and Yoga. In total more than 120 items where you can delve on many issues both disciplines (and if you want us to try something in particular, you only have to say it).
With this information, you’re already ready to make this year the year that you begin to practice these disciplines. Mats ready and for it!
6 Things You Need to Start Yoga
Everything You Need to Know for a Safe Barre Workout …
How To Create an At-Home Pilates Workout
On the Mat, Off the Mat
Seven Things You Need As A Yoga Beginner
How to Practice Yoga Daily: 9 Steps (with Pictures)
The best online workouts from top trainers
Doing Yoga When You Need to Do Yoga
The material you need to practice Yoga wherever you …
6 Things You Need to Start Yoga
5 tips to practice yoga on the go
How To Start Your Fall Fitness Makeover
Yoga…Pilates….Yogalates…Hot Yoga…meditation…What one suits …
Things to Do Before and After Yoga
Pilates Vs Yoga For Weight Loss
Classes | Barre | Pilates
7 top reasons why everyone should start practicing yoga
Abundance Yoga and Pilates
4 Yoga Poses To Help You Slim Down & Tone Your Body …