You can, and should, contribute in the entire year for the preservation of the species. Look at the size, the weight of the fish, and only one of the mandatory items. The list is long, but worth the time dedicated to it.
- Use the gillnet fishing that is compatible with the species and size of fish that you want to capture;
- Leave all the necessary equipment for catch and release in your reach, as this is crucial to return the fish quickly to the water, reducing the maximum stress of capture;
- Fish with hooks without barbs because it makes it much easier to release the fish;
- Preferably, removing the hook from the mouth of the fish still in the water. For some fish species, such as, for example, the golden, the use of the pliers of contention that could facilitate the withdrawal of the hook from the fish’s mouth, because, in addition to reducing stress, reduces the time for the return of the fish to the water and also prevents anglers less experienced take bites that may cause serious injury;
- Wet your hands when holding the fish; dry hands, cloths, towels, paper remove the mucus, which is the first barrier of defense against pathogenic agents;
- Do not touch the gills (the gills) of the fish, as this organ is part of the respiratory system, and because of their fragility may suffer breakage of the filaments of the plates that make up the arches branquiais, hindering the maintenance of the homeostasis of the fish, and favoring the manifestation of pathogenic agents;
- In the case of the fish swallowing the hook, do not try to remove the hook by pulling the line or sticking my finger inside the digestive tract of the fish. Instead of helping him, you will cause the death of the animal. It is best to cut the line close to the fish’s mouth and drop it.
- In the case of removing the fish from the water return as soon as possible, not passing through 1 minute of the removal of water until the return;
- Not to play the fish in the water and yes put in the water in a horizontal position, that is, in the position that the fish swims normally, hold it gently by the dorsal fin or at the caudal peduncle (tail) always in the direction of the mouth directed against the current until the same skirt swimming normally.