If ever you have attended a session of Pilates surely you have to practice the Hundred or “hundred”, a movement that usually does not miss any classes. If you have not practiced it want to know it since it is a challenging and hard exercise to work abdomen, stabilization and breathing.
The Hundred is one of the first exercises taught in Pilates, though personally not it would put it within the basic bag, since it requires to control various aspects of our body at the same time, something that is not easy for beginners. But for that, there are a number of progressions that we can use to reach. Thus the Hundred is practised and these are the progressions that we can make previously.
As you know, hundred means one hundred, and not this exercise does that name by chance. To practice the Hundred mouth we must lie back with your legs stretched in the air at an angle of 45 degrees; then perform a crunch or abdominal curl-up (raise our torso to support us at the tip of the shoulder blades) and, with the arms stretched on both sides of the body, We move them up and down pumping while we perform 100 pulse or respirations (hence it’s Hundred) in five times-inhaling and exhaling in five.
Let’s look at a practical example:
The Hundred, is therefore a Isometric exercise in which the abdomen does not move, but it stays retracted during the whole exercise. Makes us work the stabilization is through the activation of the muscles of the core as we remain motionless in that position. And it helps us to work form through the pulse-controlled breathing.
Common errors in the Hundred
- Join the Chin with the sternum and pull the muscles of the neck instead of activating the abdomen.
- Move the trunk up and down instead of arms.
- Move the arms to wrong time.
- Raise legs towards the vertical.
- Not carry the breathing right way.
Progressions to reach the Hundred
If the Hundred is too hard for us, we can start with a series of progressions that will lead us to do full:
- Hundred with the knees bent and the feet on the ground: we can make 100 pulses, or begin by ten and go up slowly.
- Hundred with the knees bent with feet in the air: We bring your knees into your chest and run the Hundred without extending the legs.
- Hundred with the legs stretched 90 degrees: instead of stretching them at 45, where it is required more collaboration from the lower part of the abdomen, stretch them upwards, forming a 90 degree angle.
- Hundred with a stretched leg 45 degrees and the other supported on the ground.
- Progressions with pulses: instead of directly starting with 100 pulses, we can start with 10 or 20 and go up the amount. The pulses are very fast and energetic: we do not stop to re-create ourselves in each replicate.
Of course, before practicing the Hundred, we must make sure that we can make a well-done crunch and that have the strength and sufficient control in the lower abdomen and stand with your legs stretched to 45 degrees.
I propose to you to try it if you have not done so, and that We share your feelings with this approach to Pilates. You can take account of this exercise to work your middle.
Celebrity Fitness: Miley Cyrus’ Pilates Routine and Diet …
Natalie Portman slips into exercise gear to attend morning …
Vasco Modena Park 2017 live music concert Photos and …
Free 1 Year Subscription to Star Magazine
100 оригинальных идей: Трафареты на Новый 2018 год для …
100 years of RAF: Red Arrows pilots show why they are …
"Tendremos que abandonar la Tierra en 100 años, si …
100 Dollar Note Related Keywords
Jak dlouhý je světelný rok a parsek?
X-34 Landspeeder (Star Wars 40 Years) 1:14 Scale Level 3 …
Pop star Kesha looks dramatically different as she goes …
Mädchenbekleidung von TOP STAR in Blau.
100 years of Point Pelee
100-year shadow cast over Armenians’ lives
27 aniversario guirnalda de oro la insignia — Archivo …
Sarah Michelle Gellar goes to Pilates class in Santa …
7 mind-blowing facts about gravitational waves
“We are all connected; To each other, biologically
6-vjeçarja nga Japonia, ikonë e modës