The fly fishing has been showing a little more of his magic and power. All forays into the sea were successful, with many actions throughout the course of the fishing season, since 2009. I dare say that, in the same way that I consider to be the vertical jigging unbeatable locations more than 25 metres deep, the fly fishing is the sport more efficient and productive in fishing shallow, up to 15 meters. Check out below the tips of the three practitioners of this modality.
Who: Caio Junqueira
uses: rod #9, nine feet and quick action; lines floating, intermediate or sinking (300 to 500 grains of density), depending on the situation; a leader of 3’ (91, 4 cm), plus 40 cm of tippet fluorocarbon 40 lb for rows, sinking, and from 7 to 9’ (60% of line 0.70 mm, 20% of row 0.50 mm (20% of line 0.40 mm), the longer the tippet; reel #8 to #10, with a capacity of 150 yards of backing 30 lb; bait clouser’s convoy minnows, deceivers, crystal critter, Bob’s bangers, crease fly, pencil poppers and imitation squid.
Considerations: “Fly fishing in the coastal attracts by visual, variety, and strength of the fish. There are always great surprises.”
Who: Marcos Augusto Sanfelice Gonçalves
uses: stick #10 fast action; line sinking of 400 grains; leader of fluorocarbon of a single section with approximately two feet long; bait the surf candy (with cone-head) and clouser’s convoy minnow.
Considerations: “in Addition to the variation of species from one fishery to another, the sportsmanship of marine fish is another. And, in addition, gives the opportunity to do some great fishing near Sao Paulo. The only disadvantage is the greater reliance on favourable conditions of the time.”
Who: Mauricio Old
The that uses: rods powerful #8 to #10; lines sinking of 250 to 450 grains; reels marinizadas, with good brakes and at least 100 metres of backing 30 lb; leader of 1.5 meters in two sections, with tippet of 0.40 mm fluorocarbon; bait deceivers and clouser’s convoy steamed in the colors white, white with chartreuse and white with pink, in hooks with size 4 to 3/0.
Considerations: “You need a good technical expertise to shoot in adverse conditions, such as wind and rocking of the boat. The cost is greater in relation to fishing in fresh water, because they are the least people in the boat and the equipment have to be the best and, consequently, are more expensive than those used in fresh water.”
Do not forget to
1. If you have little experience in locating schools of fish with the fishfinder, take two sets of pitch and some of the plugs half-water to corricar around the parcéis. When we see an action, move subtly from that location. Throw the flies and, to obtain attacks, mark the point on the GPS to explore as well the fishing.
- As in all fishing, the throw, the position of the vessel is critical. With fishermen facing the fishing spot, it is simpler to put the flies at the correct point. The sticks are long and vary greatly the position of the vessel ends up hindering the work of the throw.
- To fling next to the foam formed by the crashing of the waves on the rocks, watch out when the fly is coming out of this area, as the chances of attack are huge.
- Lines sinking is really needed. Through them, we have been able to catch fish from the surface to 18 metres depth.
- Check frequently the conditions of the leader. In addition to making the invisible union between the fly and the tippet, it assists in the shipment of the sample with strong teeth (bicudas, mackerel and enchovas) and of the most vigorous.
- Silver, pink, white and green are among the colors more suitable for the baits. Replace them often, as well as their sizes and shapes.
- Due to the action extremely slow sticks fly, use hooks impeccably sharp is critical to baited always successful.